Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tell me you felt nothing

The above header is courtesy of Alexandra Valenti. (Before I forget to attribute this lovely piece and run the risk of halfwittedly breaking those sacred laws of intellectual and artistic property which I so artificially try to champion during the day.)

And with that verbose introduction...

I warn you: I am more stereotypical than I usually care to let on. I procrastinate, therefore, I blog. (A new interpretation of Descartes for your enjoyment.) I am nothing more than a self-proclaimed bibliophile, as well as a music-lover and amateur traveler. I haven't been far...but I will go. In the meantime, I seek a place to collect and share my thoughts. I will never claim or hope to be particularly insightful, or humorous. Unless of course, you enjoy a weird, particularly awkward cross of the humors of Michael Cera and Dorothy Parker. If so, than we have a deal.

It is my intention to feature something musically related every post. It will a tough task, however, deciding which to feature, since there are so many. I will probably kick off with a band that has, no doubt, changed my life. All you Sigur Rós fans out there, your long-awaited shout-out is here.

via hip2besquare

Sigur Rós is solely the most underrated musical project in the history of music. I make a hefty statement there, but I will bear fully the brunt of such a claim. Their music is pure beauty, and love. Examples can be found in the songs Hoppípolla (featured in an early trailer of Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire) and  Staralfur (featured in the credits of Wes Anderson's Life Aquatic). Now tell me you felt nothing.

Now for some French. That is all. Bonsoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment