Monday, January 10, 2011

Music of Melancholy and Uselessness

Autumn de Wilde via caffiene-headache.net
The Decemberists, for all the flack they catch, have been one of my favorite bands for quite some time. They are good whimsical listening for those fantastically inclined. I was delighted when their new album, The King is Dead, was announced, and am delighted still after having listened to it. It is much more folky and contains significantly less maritime themes. They're still there, but the band seems to have gotten over their experimental phase of their last album and calmed down to good, solid indie-folk. It's a good listen; I highly recommend it. I might even venture to say it's their best album yet.

On a temporal note, break has been almost completely unproductive. I suppose that is the point...

No comments:

Post a Comment