Thursday, November 11, 2010

Musica

Courtesy of dailybeatz


The second installment of my new favorite blog segment. I don't pretend to be very on top of current music, so don't expect these to be new songs. However, if you haven't heard the below before, take this time to enjoy them. And if you have heard of them...enjoy them anyway.

Songs of the Week:

"Padding Ghost," Dan Deacon
"Yes, I'm Cold," Chris Bathgate
"Foot Shooter," Frightened Rabbit
"The Last Beat of My Heart," DeVotchKa
"Tangled Up in Blue," Bob Dylan

By the way, I recently discovered that Justin Vernon (the mastermind behind project Bon Iver) was featured on Kanye's new album. Kanye borrows the eerie auto-tune vocals, courtesy of Bon Iver's Blood Bank in the track "Lost in the World," which can be heard here. I'll give it to him: it's damn good.

Reviews to come of both the Sufjan Stevens and Bob Dylan shows I had the pleasure to attend this week. Something to anticipate?

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment